1. Father Diamond Council #6292 of the Knights of Columbus will offer a $500 four-year scholarship.
2. To be eligible, the student must:
a. Be Catholic.
b. Be an Eighth Grader who will enter High School as a freshman in Sep ‘06.
c. Be planning to attend a Catholic High School in the Arlington or Washington D.C. Diocese.
d. Be one of the following:
1) Child, grandchild or dependent of a member of Council #6292 of the Knights of Columbus.
2) Child of a registered parishioner of St. Leo the Great Catholic Church.
3) A student at St. Leo the Great Catholic School.
3. The following items must accompany the completed application:
a. Complete school grades from 7th grade and first semester of 8th grade.
b. Grades from Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (CCD) are applicable.
c. Two letters of recommendation, one page in length from non-parents.
d. One page essay preferably typed. The topic of the essay is “Why would you like to pursue a Catholic High School education.” “What impact do you believe this education will have on your future?”
e. Sections II & III of the application should be completed using a “bullet’ format i.e.
Member of the Science Club for two years.
Played tuba in School Band for three years.
Elected President of computer club.
Earned a Brown Belt in karate.
Achieved Life Scout in the Boy Scouts.
4. Completed applications are due February 17, 2006 to Mr. Tim Tilson at 3208 Traveler St. Fairfax VA 22030 (703-273-9436)/email at HMSLYDIA@msn.com), or may be dropped off at the St. Leo’s rectory.
5. A five-member board consisting of members of Council #6292 will evaluate applications. Each applicant will be evaluated in the following areas:
Each member of the board may award up to the number of points indicated in each category to each applicant. Each applicant’s score will be then averaged and compiled. The applicant with the highest score will be awarded the scholarship.
6. Winners will be notified in mid-April.
7. To retain the scholarship, the student must maintain a 2.5 cumulative Grade Point Average (on a 4.0 scale) and be recommended by his/her school.
Sorry. You are limited to emailing articles per day.